Season of Creation Weekly Reflections
Each week of the Season of Creation,
we will be posting a short video for your reflection.
We invite you to ponder what touched you, what challenged you
and what actions are you considering.
Here are some of the reflections about the videos shared from 1st & 2nd weeks:
- Planning to set aside time, in a consistent way, to understand what nature has to teach.
- To get out and just be with/in nature.
- Make the time to commune with nature, go to the beach and walk it with an open mind and heart. Sit with it and simply listen.
- Stepping out into the grass more often, even if it is just in my own back yard. I’m going to take off my shoes and walk in the grass like I did as a little girl instead of only observing it from my back porch. I want to feel the resonance and connection.
- Watching the birds and bunnies in our backyard; visiting the ocean and/or the bay just to be there (only a few miles from home); enjoying local nature paths.
- To take more time to appreciate nature and all its beauty.
- Be aware of how I use the gifts of this earth. Support the efforts of persons and groups in their efforts to care for our earth. Avoid waste.
- I want to pay more attention to the science of healing our earth, especially about the power of renewable energy.
- Learning more about natural water conservation in my area.
2021 Season of Creation:
A Home for All?
Renewing the Oikos (Earth Community) of God
This year’s theme for the season of creation points to the integral web of relationships that sustain the well-being of the earth. Each creature is important and contributes to the health and resilience of the biodiverse ecosystem.
While we trust that God’s Spirit is constantly renewing the face of the earth, we heed our call to care and sustain an ecological turning that will ensure all creatures can find their home to flourish and participate in renewing the earth.
Below you will find links to both a Season of Creation Prayer, Earth Examen and a calendar for daily focus (pray, learn and act) that you might want to utilize during this season.
Laudato Si Week is a global event sponsored by the Vatican’s Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development and supported by the Global Catholic Climate Movement in collaboration with about 150 Catholic organizations. During the week (May 16-25), we will learn, dialogue, and take action for our common home.
We will join Saint Francis of Assisi in his canticle: “Praise be to you, O my Lord, in all your creatures!” and take steps in our journey towards ecological conversion.
Each day of Laudato Si Week there will some event to further the work of caring for our common home. For details about the schedule of events, go to the Laudato Si Week website.
If you’d like a visual overview of Laudato Si click here to view. LaudatoSi_Overview
Prayer and reflection are an important part of the transformation of our world. We invite you to pray daily this Pope Francis Prayer. To get to the heart of the matter, we invite you to this Reflection on the Heart of Laudato Si and you might want to gather a small group to share insights and encouragement. It is our common home!!